Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Marina Camila Mijangos Garcia has repaid her loan so I can either withdraw the funds from my Kiva account or relend the money to another budding business person. This is fun!!

So, I'll go and look for someone...

It's easy:
1) Click on "Lend" from the above page.
2) Select any criteria you have. I prefer to lend to mothers rather than fathers cause mothers feed, clothe and educate children, and repay loans. Fathers can be less reliable.
3) Pick someone from the list. Vietnam is a country that deserves our help after we supported the USA in their pointless Vietnam War.
4) Check out their lender. Is their interest rate well below local unsecured lending rates so that my money gives good benefit? Is their repayment rate good so I know that people are learning how to run a good business that will support them and not just living off debt cycles using Kiva like a credit card?
5) If it still looks good, off I go.

Because I am relending the funds I don't need my credit card. The funds already in my Kiva account are sent out. Easy :)

I haven't found a way to make a donation to Kiva for this re-lend of the money. They didn't put a lot of pressure on me for a donation.

I chose Tran Thi Minh from Y Yen, Vietnam:


She is an experienced borrower. Her business is growing so her family's standard of living will be improving. The purpose is sustainable.

No comments: